We are proud and excited to announce - Team Rooster entered .. and Won! The 2016 Kona Coffee Cultural Festival Cupping Contest. We were the Only Certified Organic Kona Coffee to win, amongst over 65 farms entered, and about 800 coffee farms in total in Kona -! I can't say how grateful we all are and of our hard efforts going into this year's Harvest :D
Click to 'Our Shop' for our NEW Select Award-Winning Rooster Roast~!
Rooster Farms Coffee Co. offers the highest Estate Extra Fancy grades of Certified Organic 100% Kona Mauka Coffee shipped and processed fresh from The Rooster's farm to you. Our coffee is hand picked by the farmers themselves, grown organically, and roasted in small batches. We are certified by Organic Certifiers to USDA Standards and we are The Oldest Organic Coffee Farm in Kona, being certified for over 30 years.
Ed & Tara love everything-coffee and everything-Life!
Check back regularly for additions to Ed's Daily Coffee Library, an ongoing and always-growing blog based on fascinating and educational research which Ed devours [ by the hour! ]. We are more than happy to research or answer any custom inquiries; just email or call anytime.
Why organic? Why ask why! Why -shouldn’t- we know what we put into our bodies and what effects any harmful foods or products may have in the short and long term, let alone on our one earth?.
We harvest, process and maintain our coffee under the strictest standards and monitor each step of the way quite literally with our own eyes and hands :]Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about any facet of our process and please, if you ever find yourself in the Kona area, please email or call for a tour!
We are now offering farm tours at Rooster Farms! Here's what to expect! :
- Tours are Free
- Includes a history and intro to our farm, a grateful history of Master Mike! the former farmer, intro to Kona Coffee, a peek into our roasting machine :]
- Free tastings
- Coffee available for sale
- A walkthrough if you like, of the grounds; just over 6 Acres
- The entirety of tasting, info session + walking can take from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours - it's really up to you. :]
^^ Please Email, Text, or Call at least 24hours prior; We are a small farm and do tours by appointment! [ You may call the day-of though, if you are strapped for time. We sometimes can fit in same-day tours! ] ^^
firstname.lastname@example.org | 808-315-5224
---^ NEW ADDITIONS to Our Shop! ^---
1) After becoming winners in this past 2016 year's Kona Coffee Cultural Festival's Cupping Contest, we are excited to offer our very best quality Award-Winning beans :] These are even better than our 'Estate' beans, as they are 'Extra Fancy,' our Very Best, #1 Quality, SELECT grade - We have a very limited quantity of these beans!~~
2) We also had such an overwhelmingly wonderful production this year [ about Double of last year, and Record Yields over the entire 3-decade+ history of this farm!! ]. This means we have more of the various grades of beans to offer, including what is called 'Hawaiian Grade.' This coffee is jusT below the top 4 grades, which are all in the 'Kona' category. It is thus much more economical, But that doesn't mean it's not delicious :D
It also is 100% Organic and 100% Grown-in-Kona like any other beans from our farm. ----- We also are limited for Hawaiian beans as well ------
^^^ In the notes box, please specify by typing "MEDIUM" or "DARK"! - We are Always WHOLE BEAN ONLY! ^^^^ THANK YOU for being a fan of the Rooster Roast and for your LOYALTY! :D ----Tara, Ed, and Tiamat the Farm-y Guardian Dog :] ^
Please check back very soon for Brewing Kits, Gift Sets, and a tasty choice of the many brewing methods that are taking the coffee world by storm! There is no Right Way to brew -- only what tastes best for you, perhaps even just for the moment! [ We alternate occasionally but are especially fans of the Pour Over method and Turkish Style coffee, depending on the taste-mood of the day ]
1- For a very rich taste; can make a single cup or a carafe. Works well with a few types of grinds, depending on your taste
2- Retains the naturally occurring oils for a smooth and rich brew; Some say it is smoother than most other methods.
3- Not for the faint of tongue; a powder-fine grind is boiled in directly, becoming the best part at the end of the cup. Add cardamom for more flavor
4- There is much debate to get the 'right' cold brew; we like to keep it simple and leave the brew in the refrigerator overnight for 8 hours or more.
5- According to some passionate coffee-lovers, this might be the ultimate coffee brew. Your taste buds will tell you whether or not it is for you!
6- One of the earliest and still one the very tastiest methods to get a simple espresso or coffee brew. A very rich and smooth cup results.